The central Indian forests have inspired many writers over the centuries including Kipling and Forsyth, to name a few. Amidst the thrill of tracking predators such as big cats on game drives, the contrast in habitat from bamboo forest, to teak dominated landscapes and a mixed variety of vegetation in the three different parks add to the diversity of flora and fauna. Exploring these well-kept tiger reserves, we’ll take canoes on the river, jeep safaris, and walks inside the core of the jungle. This journey will allow the traveller to get a deeper insight into the central Indian wilderness at the heart of India – the popular, well-explored Kanha that features on every wildlife enthusiast’s list, the Pench corridor that forms a continuum with Kanha, and the offbeat Satpura National Park that is emerging as a veritable sanctuary for wildlife today, each with their own stories. While the most sought after creature of the Indian forests is the Royal Bengal Tiger, perhaps these stories and places will inspire you to discover the wide range of other endemic mammals, birds, insects and reptiles that make tropical jungles so diverse.
- Discover Central India’s rich wildlife including mammals and variety of birds
- Search for tigers and leopards on dawn jeep safaris
- Relive Mowgli’s days in the Kanha and Pench forests with glimpses of the incredible wildlife that featured in the Jungle Book films
- Canoe or kayak along the Denwa backwaters that cut through the jungles for a quiet, unhurried, unobtrusive look at wildlife and water birds.
- Stay amidst the wilderness at some of India’s top wildlife lodges
||To suit you|
|TOUR COST||From $4,990 (plus airfares)|
- Private tours depart with minimum of 2 clients
- Land only packages available
- Tour extensions – before or after tour extensions can be arranged on your behalf
- Business or premium economy flights can be arranged at an additional cost if available
- To register your interest in a private tour, a deposit of $500 per person and completed booking forms are required