Welcome to our tour of regional NSW, with visits to historic homesteads, private properties, remarkable heritage sites and award-winning gardens, all with our wonderful regional hosts. You’ll get an insight into daily life on a working property, take guided tours of the farm, and in the evening after sundowners, sit down to a delicious home-cooked meal which is sourced primarily from the farm.
Along the way, you will visit World Heritage areas, guided by Aboriginal guides where possible. You’ll encounter Australian wildlife almost daily, including kangaroos, emus, echidnas and a colourful range of spectacular birds. There will be opportunities to taste some award-winning wine and foods direct from the producers and time to relax, unwind and to meet the locals.
This tour will be limited to a maximum of 6 guests and consequently due to the small group size, there will not be a Blue Dot Tour Leader. You will be in excellent hands with your local tour guide and driver Bill.
Many of the roads you travel on are unsealed dirt or gravel. Although it doesn’t rain much in the outback when it does unsealed roads are likely to be closed to traffic. Bindara and Mungo are dry weather only. Our touring route and itinerary will be adjusted in the event of wet weather.
Fitness Level: Low to reasonable level of fitness required. Some short hikes to be expected. Bring hiking poles if you normally use them.
- Visit some of Griffith’s most famous food and wine locations
- Guided farm tour at historic Bindara Station located on the banks of the Darling River
- Aboriginal guided tour of the Mungo world heritage area including the famous “Walls of China”
- Home-cooked South African camp oven dinner at Burraburoon
- Guided tour and demonstration at Shear Outback in Hay
- Guided tour of Dunera Museum and Bishop’s Lodge in Hay
- Walking tour of the farm at Corynnia Station
- A trip highlight, a homestead dinner at Corynnia Station
- Watch a video of this tour created by client Norma Barne
||17 October 2022|
- Tours depart with a minimum of 4 clients
- No more than 6 clients on any trip
- Tour cost excludes domestic flights and train travel
- Tour starts at Broken Hill, ending in Griffith
- To book and reserve your place on a tour, a deposit of $500 and a completed booking form is required