It’s time to experience Australia’s longest river, the mighty Murray. Echuca (Victoria) and twin town, Moama (NSW) are lively towns, especially at this time of the year. The waterfront was home to paddle steamers carrying timber, grain, fruit, livestock and wool up and down the river. Today they carry people.
With the help of our good friends and boating professionals Trevor and Maggie Joyce, Blue Dot is offering a wonderful “Australiana” 10-day tour, hosted and skippered, taking in Echuca and the mighty Murray River. There are few experiences that match waking up on a boat on the Murray River as the morning mist clears. We will cruise the rivers tranquil waters, meandering along the its red banks dotted with gums. This special place will have you thinking you are the only person on earth. The majestic river warrants an entire week to reflect, explore and make memories.
The drive from Sydney to Moama/Echuca is about 8 hours. You may wish to stay overnight on the way (at own cost). From Melbourne, its less than a 3 hour drive. Your cars can be parked undercover in reserved parking. It would make sense to car pool where possible.
- Experience some of the most scenic sections of the Murray’s 2,508 km length over 7 days
- Visit regional Victoria’s fabulous local food and wine producers
- Dinner and tour of historic Perricoota Station featuring cuisine by hosts Dean and Melissa Brooks and accompanied by local musicians.
- Guided tour of Torrumbarry Wier and Interpretive Centre and the Barmah World Heritage listed wetlands
- A skipper for each vessel which will sleep 8 travellers
- Speciality farewell dinner cooked by local chef Paul Jarman
||19 February 2021|
|TOUR COST||$3,950 per person twin share|
||Limited availability (price to be advised)|
- Tours depart with minimum of 6 clients
- No more than 10 clients on any trip
- To book and reserve your place on a tour, a deposit of $500 and a completed booking form is required