In a country of a billion and half and still counting, Ladakh is one of those rare places where people are few and far between. While high passes and spectacular mountains dominate the region, it is also a place that speaks of the thousands of years that travellers, craftsmen, religious dignitaries and nomads have come upon. A jewel in the crown of India, Ladakh not just amazes with its landscape and people, but also hides unique Wildlife. While many passes make up for what it is and what it means grammatically, yet experiencing a place like this is bound to leave every traveller breathless both spiritually and by altitude.
While Buddhism is Central to this part of the world, and uniformity of barren high-altitude mountains are constant, yet subtle differences between landscapes, people, history and wildlife in niches can throw up many surprises. From high passes, to border villages, secretive wildlife, to ancient monasteries and ruins, this journey takes you not just into Ladakh and its remoteness but also into insights of how fragile it still is environmentally and geographically. Yet, every step and every drive add to experiences unmatched and incomparable.
- Take in glacial rivers, fruit orchards, Buddhist monasteries and festivals at your own pace
- Drive through some of the most stunning mountain passes of the Karakoram, Zanskar and Indus ranges
- Visit ancient monasteries, ruins and forts that speak of beliefs and lives of yesteryear
- Glimpse rare wildlife in the trans Himalayan region such as marmots, pikas, woolly hare, blue sheep and golden eagles
- Walk through the modern bazaars of Leh which was once a bustling stopover on ancient trade routes
- Attend a prayer ceremony followed by a traditional breakfast with monks at a colourful Buddhist monastery
||To suit you|
|TOUR COST||From $4,500 (plus airfares)|
- Private tours depart with minimum of 2 clients
- Land only packages available
- Tour extensions – before or after tour extensions can be arranged on your behalf
- Business or premium economy flights can be arranged at an additional cost if available
- To register your interest in a private tour, a deposit of $500 per person and completed booking forms are required