First time visitors are impressed by the green landscape and mountains, which cover nearly three quarters of the country. Japan, which is roughly the size of Germany consists of several thousands of islands, of which Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku are the four largest. Her rugged peaks, rocky coastlines, gorges, lakes, waterfalls and dense forests are breathtaking, but they put severe limits on liveable land. With seventy-five percent of the land unsuitable for habitation or cultivation the entire Japanese population of about 125,000,000, live in an area roughly the size of Tasmania. This makes Japan one of the most populated countries in the world in terms of people per square kilometre.
From the hi-tech speed and efficiency of the bullet train which will whisk you to Osaka, to the serenity of Kyoto’s zen gardens and temples; Japan offers a unique mix of the modern and the traditional. This small group tour includes the best of everything Japan has to offer. It is designed for newcomers to Japan and follows a leisurely pace starting and ending in Tokyo, providing ample time to enjoy this modern metropolis, a city of pulsating energy. In between you’ll have the chance to experience the many different aspects which make Japan such a unique and fascinating country.
Japan is probably the safest country on the planet to visit, and one of the most courteous. Ask any local for instructions and they are sure to help, even if they don’t speak English (which most don’t). Should you lose your valuables, no need to stress. It’s highly likely that it will show up at the local police station – the people are wonderfully honest! Blue Dot’s engaged style of travel, means you will have every opportunity to meet Japanese people and to do as the Japanese do. You’ll stay in a mix of traditional ryokans and hotels and there’s special opportunity to the experience the seasonal “Miyako Odori’ dancing Geisha in a traditional theatre in Kyoto. You’ll also enjoy a private dinner with a Geisha performance.
For a peerless cultural “hit”, grab your camera and join us while we travel through this fascinating country.
- The unique township of Shirakawago
- Hakone’s outdoor sculpture museum
- The varied food as you travel from region to region
- Taking the bullet train to Osaka
- Kyoto and her temples
- Hiroshima and Miyajima Island with its famous Torii gate
|TOUR COST||$12,980 plus airfares|
- Combine with our Japan’s Northern Honshu and save $1,000 pp across both tours
- Tour cost excludes international flights
- Tours depart with minimum of 4 clients
- No more than 16 clients on any trip
- Tour extensions – before or after tour extensions can be arranged on your behalf
- International flights can be arranged by Blue Dot Travel
- To book and reserve your place on a tour, a deposit of $500 and a completed booking form is required