This tour has been crafted to allow you to enjoy the hidden gems of South Australia, small and unique accommodation properties, some great restaurants and boutique wineries. Along the way, we will take short walks through the National Parks and guided tours at historical locations, wineries, and off road wilderness areas. There is an optional scenic flight that should be on everybody’s bucket list.
We will travel from Adelaide to the Clare Valley wine region where we will stop for 2 nights to enjoy the famous wines and food of perhaps South Australia’s prettiest wine region. The Clare Valley is often overlooked as people bee-line to its more famous cousin, the Barossa Valley.
From the Clare we head to the Yorke Peninsula to enjoy rugged coastal scenery, unravelling rural landscapes, and once again, good food. We stay in the Yorke for 3 nights. Leaving the Yorke Peninsula, the real outback adventure begins as we travel through the picturesque Southern Flinders Ranges to the Northern Flinders Ranges. Along the way the landscape is changing from picturesque landscapes and small stone villages to ruggedly handsome outback scenery with vast rural properties and isolated homesteads. We end up at a Wilderness Sanctuary in the Gammon Ranges (the northern extent of the Flinders Ranges). The scenery of the Flinders and Gammon Ranges will be unforgettable. We will spend 5 days in the Flinders and Gammon Ranges.
On the way back to Adelaide we will stop for 2 nights at Burra. We will spend a day exploring this interesting part of South Australia and finish our outback odyssey with a farewell dinner in a restaurant that gives us a little bit of Italy transported to Burra.
- Regional produce food and wine tastings in the Clare Valley
- Staying at Gum Tree Station in the Flinders Ranges, enjoying authentic country hospitality
- Arkaroola Wilderness Lodge’s abundant wildlife and beautiful landscapes
- Exploring the Copper Coast mining heritage at Kadina, Wallaroo and Moonta
- Yorke Peninsula’s spectacular coastal landscapes, rugged cliffs and sandy beaches
||24 March 2022|
- Tours depart with a minimum of 4 clients
- No more than 6 clients on any trip
- Tour cost excludes domestic flights and train travel
- To book and reserve your place on a tour, a deposit of $500 and a completed booking form is required