The Republic of Argentina is a large country – the world’s 9th largest – with a population of around 40 million people, mainly of Spanish and Italian descent. It occupies much of the southern part of South America.
The Spanish conquistadores arrived in the 16th century and virtually wiped out all of the indigenous people through violence, disease, and disposition. Slaves from Africa were brought over in the 18th century mainly to work in the fields. The resulting culture is an eclectic mix of indigenous traditions, European influences, and African rhythms including art, literature, dance, and song. The tango is a classic example of this mix.
Physically, it is a diverse country with deserts and subtropical forests in the north, and freezing conditions in the south. The South Atlantic Ocean runs down the east coast and the Andes Mountains borders Chile in the west. These two factors have a major influence on the climate. Its highest point is Aconcagua which rises to 6,960 metres (22,837 feet), the highest point on the American continent – both north and south!
The capital city Buenos Aires was first established around 500 years ago. Today it has a population of around 3 million and is the administrative and cultural centre of the country. It’s renowned for its European architecture and rich cultural life. In fact, it has more theatres than any other city in the world. Argentina is famous for many things including the tango dance, Gauchos (cowboys), its outstanding beef and steak restaurants, Iguazu Falls, and Ushuaia – the world’s most southern populated township. Argentinians love their sport. They are soccer “mad” and hold Diego Maradona and Lionel Messi as national sporting heroes. They also love rugby, basketball, and polo.
Come and explore this fabulous, vibrant, and sophisticated county!
- Walk the historic districts of Recoleta and San Telmo in Buenos Aires
- Eat at a traditional steakhouse in Buenos Aires
- Wine tasting in Mendoza
- Visit the splendid historic city Salta la Linda
- Purmamarca’s “Hill of Seven Colours”
- Discover Perito Moreno, the most beautiful glacier on our planet
||13 February 2023|
|TOUR COST||$6,600 (including internal flights)|
- Optional Iguazu Falls excursion
- Optional El Chalten trekking excursion
- Tours will depart with a minimum of 4 clients
- International flights are additional (cost to be advised)
- Business or premium economy flights can be arranged at an additional cost if available
- To register your interest in a tour, a deposit of $500 per person and completed booking forms are required